About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Baby Bought Me the Good Stuff



My Baby Bought Me the Good Stuff


You went out this morning
To care for your dear ol’ Mom.
You must have made a pit stop
On your way home.
Unloading the SUV
You handed me a brown paper sack
Said “I got you a little present
If you don’t like it I can take it back”.

I been drinking such mediocre hootch
And it taste just like shit
I been craving the good stuff
And darling, this is it.

What can I bring you back
From the orient?
What can I get you from the farm?
What little favor can I do for you?
I’d give you my blood
Or my left arm!

You take me back
To a time when life was sweet
Swimming naked
In the Middle Earth pool
A time when I was happy
Being a big ol’ fool.
You’ve got no problem
With my foul mouth
You put up with my moods
And my forays to the south
You’re the real goods
You’re the sweet smell
Of dry clothes on the line
And cut grass
In the summer time.

You’re the real deal
I never bargained for.
You’re the happy ending
The big surprise.
The smile.
The fortune cookie
That comes true.
You’re the good stuff.
That’s you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice piece of work. Always good to look into your soul.