About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Saturday, October 03, 2009

You Got Time For Me Now?






















You got time for me now?


I've got hot pockets,

And the kids are down at the pool.

No, but you could talk to me if you want.

We talk every day, I say,

I've got one arm around her waist

And I'm leaning on the counter.

She's slicing cucumbers

Taking an occasional slice into her mouth.

She is chewing slowly,

Yeah, but now it's free.

No, it's not.

Talk may be cheap but it's never free.


The boys look so big to me now.

They are developing like clouds before a storm

Filmed in time lapse

Roiling over the horizon of their awakening.

Each peel of a laugh

Each frame of unconscious smile

Is precious to me.

More than it has ever been before

More than I can understand

More than I want to feel.


Do you have time for me now?

I have a hole in my soul

That needs mending.

I have a gash

I have a pool of a wound

Filling up with images

Of how young you were

Of how raw we are

Of how deep and clear our love is.

Of love on the floor

In the mud by the side of the driveway

Behind a hundred doors

Under the influence of the moon and stars.


Do you have time for me now?

I've put the job on hold

I've put my ego in neutral

Put your pots

On the back burner

And make believe

We've all the time in the world

We've all the gold in Fort Knox.

I feel so creative here

In your safe house

With you.

Do you have time for me now?

No comments: