About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Sunday, September 20, 2009


I Wish I Could Relax,
Like My Cat







I wish I could relax
Like my cat.
I’ve never seen a human
Relax like that.
I’m nervous and find it hard to stop
And smell the flowers
And enjoy the ride,
But my cat just sleeps
With no attempt to hide
His utter contempt for the world
Passing by.
Chewing some grass
Or watching a squirrel-
He sleeps and dreams
In his cryptic cat world.
After sixty-one years
On this earth as a man
I’m about as laid back
As any human being can.
When I’ve exhausted
My earthly time
Lord, bring me back
As an orange feline.

2 comments:

Rayn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rayn said...

This is great, Rand. Its the perfect depiction of him and I completely agree with your thought on the matter. I miss that drooling fluff-ball!