About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Friday, April 12, 2013

All the Time in the World






All the songs on the radio have banjos in them.  Listening to the FM radio someone dropped the bluegrass in the blender.  I’m going all spaz over the music.  Don’t know if I should tap my feet or snap my fingers or lay back on the arm of the couch with a cold compress on my skull.  Thank God for Mississippi John and the Candy man and my new found friend the i-pod. 

We are suppose to depend on little flat phones with TV screens but they only work when someone is listening for the “ring”.  (Ring!  yeah, that’s a laugh.  They do almost anything but ring.)  When I call North Carolina the only thing I get is “Leave a message.  Later.”  I reach out to touch someone and get a lesson in flat, remote, electronic rejection.  I wouldn’t mind so much except I just got a message that said it’s all gonna end!  Not when, just that it would...someday.  And I here thought I had All the Time in the World.  

No comments: