About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Sunday, October 25, 2020


 It has been a crummy year in a lot of ways. I suppose there has been a lot of good too but losing someone like John Prine kind of over-shadows a ton of good stuff. Oh, I oh, I oh!



Postman’s Voice



He was still dressing like a postman

on Sunday,

getting dragged to church by his old lady.

His hair from a nap in an old aged home.

He melted my heart like a pat of butter.

A voice down under quiet water.

He was bent like a pretzel over the microphone.



It chokes me up to think of him

in hospital scrubs,

I think he probably brought dignity

to that cold surround.

He would have been upset to think

He was be bringing

The nurses and doctors down.

I think he knew

about the people he tickled.

I think he could tell how many lives

he touched

with his shy little shuffle

and his postman’s voice.

I didn’t realize

I’d miss him this much.



Hope he is standing

By peaceful waters

By peaceful waters

Oh I Oh I Oh.

No comments: