About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Florida Too

Florida Too

I love the sampling of early morning birds building nests.
The green so green it is almost black
and the long spells of silence on Sunday morning
punctuated by each of those different bird calls.
I love the tangle of wires above my yard that connects each house to power
but, more importantly,
provides the squirrels with a highway
and the doves a place to rest.
The old power-line poles are like Grayhound stations for the crows
and the mockingbirds
and the cardinals
calling out to one another
making contact,
pairing off,
looking for twigs and seeds.
My home is on a sand dune neatly disguised as suburbia,
but in the morning before the din
it is, for a short time, Florida again.

No comments: