About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Friday, October 14, 2011

Full Moon-




It is a full moon again.
Don't tell me there is nothing to a full moon.
If there is nothing to the full moon
why does it pull at me so?
Why do the emotions
fill up
as if they were laddled out
of a silver cauldren
in the inky sky?
The images
of the black road
of the forest green wilderness
of the cold dark lake
are illuminated so boldly
that I ache from the contrast.
I believe in old wives tales
in fact
every twenty-eight days
I believe in nothing else.

I confided in a workman on the job
the other day
that I never walk under ladders
and , I told him,
I never get out on my wifes side of the bed.
These are, I thought,
the only two superstitions
that I believe in.
But sitting here
In the electro-magnetic spin
of the lunar gyroscope
it is quite obvious
there are other superstitious powers
that are, perhaps,
more compelling.
I believe in the pull.
I believe in the dark, cold side
of the unseeable universe.
I believe in free will
especially when
it is noticably interupted
by powerlessness.
I believe in crackling energy
and lay-wasted lethergy
in the same man
in the same moment
in the same place
unseeable and unknowable
by those all around him.

I believe the moon,
when it's full,
is wired to our souls
and it is broadcasting
with a high frequency.
in a wide band
and it covers me with a blanket
of power
of hate and lust and indecision
and panic and illogic.
Full, full , full
and as the phases
are drawn and quartered
the loosened grip
darkens.

4 comments:

Rayn said...

I've been staring at the moon every night since I've been here. Really love this piece!

camerabanger said...

Dear Reader,
The moon you are looking at is not the same as the one I have been watching. Yours has been dipped in the sea and salt...mine is kept in a Coleman cooler during the day and never has a chance to thaw. Also mine is a ghost and can not be photographed-hence the photo of the florescent lighted gas station illustration. Yours has sucked the heat of the Caribbean sun all day long and feeds it back down to the beach all night long. It photographs perfectly-in fact will moon/burn you if you lay out on the sand all night long.
Thanks, again for reading and your comments.

Rayn said...

I'd like to think that my moon is a portal back to the eyes of those looking at it back in the states. Sad to hear that no one can see it up there - that I've been staring at no one every night.

camerabanger said...

Are you kidding? Listen...you can hear me howling!