About Me

My photo
Near Peekskill, New York, United States
My view. No apologies --Shorts, Poems and Photos-Your Comments are always appreciated. (Use with permission)

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Arnold




Whispery whiskered toothless men
Stringy haired
Patient and plodding
Cross my path
And slow my trajectory.

I am a missile
Aimed at hell
I am a rocket
And I know damned well
I am going where I’m going
I am going where I’m going.

Uncle Mel
And Steven J.
Now this guy Arnold
Old men in my way
Crossing my path
And slowing my trajectory.

I’m a locomotive
I’m asleep at the switch
I’m boiling towards the station
Named “Judgment Day”
Why’d these old men
get in my way?

They are speed bumps
They are pulse rates
They are reports from someone
Trying to get to me.
They are my uncles ghosts
They are my fathers secrets
They are messages
From someone
Trying to make me see.

No comments: